Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Baylor Best Friends

\If you've heard me talking about life at Baylor I've probably mentioned to you at one point or another "my three best friends at Baylor." So for those of you who follow along with my life via this blog, I'm going to introduce you to them! :)

Taylor


A couple weeks into the school year, I started asking friends and family back home to pray that God would bring a strong Christian girlfriend into my life. Taylor is the answer to that prayer! She is a 17 year old freshman engineering major from Marshall, TX. She is a strong Christian and such a sweet and funny girl. She always knows how to put a smile on my face. She and I think the same about a lot of things, to the point that we joke about sharing the same brain wavelengths. Despite only knowing her for a few weeks, we have already started finishing each other's sentences and completing each other's thoughts. We are so alike in so many ways that we call each other "twin". When her parents were up for parent's weekend and mine weren't, I hung out with her family for the day, and she joked that I fit in with her family better than she does. When I need to cry, she is the one I call. Within minutes she will be by my side with her shoulder, tissues, and chocolate! She is such a blessing and I am SO thankful that God has put her in my life!
StephenStephen is a 19 year old sophomore business major from Ft. Worth, TX. He is the swing dance instructor as well as a trip leader for the Baylor outdoor adventure living-learning center. He is like my "big brother" here at Baylor because while he doesn't have any qualms about teasing and annoying me, he is also an incredibly caring person and doesn't mind me being open and honest about how I feel about things-in fact, he encourages it. He is an incredible listener. He also cares for me like a big brother does, always making sure I'm okay. I think "are you doing okay?" is the question he's asked me the most. Although we often disagree and bicker about he "hows" of chivalrous behavior, he is still a gentleman in that he is incredibly respectful and kind. If you have ever wondered if it is possible for a guy to strike the balance between being "tough" and "tender", wonder no more. Stephen really has found a good balance between the two. If I was ever in any sort of danger or trouble of any sort, Stephen would be the first person I call.

Jordan

Jordan is an 18 year old freshman geology major from Dallas, TX. He was a missionary kid in Brazil for most of his life. He is incredibly chivalrous, often going above and beyond what I think should be required for chivalrous behavior. He also takes the safety and well-being of his "young lady" friends incredibly seriously, more so than any other guy I have ever met. If I ever need a guy to be my overprotective brother, he's the one I go to. He also does whatever he can to cheer me up if he knows I'm having a difficult time-he's the one who will text me the "My Girl" lyrics in the morning while I'm getting ready for classes. He has a lot of weird quirks, but that's what make him special.
I was so very incredibly happy that my family got to meet all three of these amazing friends when they were dropping me off tonight. They really, really liked all three of them. As my family was leaving my mom turned to me and said "You chose really good friends, honey." That made me very happy! Y'all three are amazing and I <3 y'all!

1 comment:

- Paul Hastings said...

Well good for Taylor, Jordan, and Stephen. Yall could be the "Fantastic Four" of Baylor, or would that be the "Fearless Four"?

;D