Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It will never be the same

This is supposed to be a rap...not sure if that's a fail or a win...

Look to the left and to the right, but it will never be the same
The world spins all around you for the glory of His name
You wonder where you're going as it feels like nowhere fast
Digging deep inside you for a feeling that will last

You know He's got a plan but it's just really hard to tell
Sometimes the world has really got you sucked into its spell
God I know I'm ever helpess if I don't cry for your love
I need a little help from the Divinity above

Take my hand and take my heart and take away all that consumes me
Please don't be a deist god and just sit by and let it be
Put me through the fire of hell if it means that I'll come as gold
And I'll live to see the things that You've prepared yet are untold

God I want to know You more and yet this world is all I know
I know You're all that matters yet it's so hard to let it go
Put a fire in my heart that burns so hot I have no choice
But look for the Living Water with all I am and hear His voice

Look to the left and to the right, but it will never be the same
The world spins all around you for the glory of His name
Don't understand why it's so crazy, nothing ever seems to rest
It doesn't fit quite yet but deep inside you know God's plan is best

No comments: