Friday, April 2, 2010

Life is Tough

The title pretty much sums it up.

I don't mean tough in an emo, "my life is really difficult" kind of way. I just mean that life is a balancing act. It is not easy to decide where the balance lies in a lot of areas. For example, is it better to be blunt and tell a friend the hard and honest truth, or is it better to let things slide if you know there's a possibility that the truth will hurt feelings, or is there a middle-of-the-road approach? Or when you know your current lifestyle is not satisfying all your needs, nor is it giving you a chance to pursue what you really want. How do you go about pushing your life to head in a different direction without giving up what is good about your current life? How do you decide what is good, what is better, and what is best, and is there a way to pursue the better without giving up the good? Or, maybe sometime's it's necessary to give up the good to pursue the best.

Right now, I'm really glad that God talks a lot about wisdom in the Bible. That's something that I need a huge dose of right now.

I hope that this post has been sufficiently vague enough. If you think that you know what I'm talking about...keep it to yourself. I just watched Mean Girls for the first time this week, and was very disgusted by the ugliness of the gossip and rumors. I have no desire for gossip and rumors in my world. Please help me in keeping this little corner of the world rumor and gossip-free.

But for a non-vague tidbit...how do you get the cute Christian guy who sits behind you in class to ask you out on a date? :P

3 comments:

Hunter45 said...

Yah you betcha hey visit me www.philipphunter.blogspot.com okay.

lissyal said...

hi i'm just some stranger from across the world in australia... in answer to your question about the cute christian fella behind you...

I asked my husband on a date, we had a great time and he asked me on a second one... I wasn't one to "wait" for the fella's. Can't hurt to ask can it...lol

Goodluck

Valia Lind said...

Hi! I love your blog! The whole thought that Christ is the lead and youre just a follower is an awesome way of putting it!
I actually just stumbled on your blog looking for followers for my own! Im a first time author trying to promote my book, and try and be an encouragment throught my writing. My book is a story of a girl who rediscrovers herself and her faith in God, when her whole world turns upside down! If you have a chance, please take a look at my blog: wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com!