Sunday, May 3, 2009

End of freshman year

Wow. It's amazing to think that I am, for almost all intents and purposes, done with my freshman year of college. Time does fly by. Classes are done. The swing formal was last night, which means swing is officially over for the year. Awana closing ceremonies this Wednesday. Finals Wednesday through Friday, then I'll pack up and move out by Saturday. Life is crazy. This year has been crazy. It can pretty much be summed up in one word: change. I thought last semester would crazy full of changes, and of course it was, but I didn't realize how much this semester would also be full of changes. This will be really different when I come back in the fall. Michelle is moving to southern California. Bennett is transferring. Austin and Anna will be in Maastrich. Landon will be back from Italy. I'll be living in an off campus apartment. I'll be the treasurer for the swing dance society. Hopefully, I will be teaching Sunday School or volunteering with the Student ministry at Highland. I will be taking almost all business classes, and joining organizations such as Baylor Business Women. There will be an entire new class of freshman, all going through the same things I went through. New friends will be made, relationships will form, relationships will dissolve.

Some things haven't changed. Taylor, Jordan, and Stephen are still my best friends. I still love dancing. I'm still involved in Awana. I still go to church at Highland. I'm still in school, still studying away, still hoping to graduate someday and get a good job. Still trying to figure out God's plan for my life. But most importantly, Jesus still loves me, He still decides who I am and what goes on in my life.

And that is something I am glad will always stay the same. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'll be right there with you as secretary and other thing as well :)