Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun...

What I really would like right now would be to walk outside and feel a biting cold wind blow across my face. I want to see gray clouds cover the sky, and I want to bundle up in warm clothes.

Most of my life has been spent in Texas. I've always preferred warm weather to cold. But recently I've been finding myself longing for cold weather more and more. Perhaps it's just a result of spending too much time walking around in the sun recently. But really, why do we associate days of sunshine with happiness and cold winter months with depression? Does it really have to be that way? Having sweat practically pour down your body because it's so hot can be just as miserable as weather that is too cold, and the winter months are not devoid of beauty. It's just a different kind of beauty.

Is God really calling me to move to Chicago when I graduate? I don't know for sure, but if He is, I really do think I'll be forever grateful.

In other news...I like my classes (yay for switching to a major I actually like!), I LOVE my apartment, my friends are amazing, Awana starts on Wednesday, I'm joining a Bible study at Highland really soon, I'm hoping to get involved in the student ministry at Highland as well, and I may have an opportunity to put my speech and debate skills to use again. :D

Life is good. Life also has a lot of assignments for me. So I'll go and prepare while I wait for cold weather to come grace my life with it's presence.

3 comments:

Marcelo said...

How cold is it in Waco? I woke up* this morning and went outside and considered going back in and putting on a jacket because it was so cool.

Just so you know, I have not been following your blog. I just happened to stumble upon it from my old Summit blog so I figured I would find out what was going on in the world of Shanaynay.

I think that's it. I'm going to go read more blog.

*I say wake up, but I didn't sleep, so technically, I didn't sleep.

Shaney Irene said...

It's not cold in Waco right now at all. It's still really hot. I think it's been in the high 90s or triple digits all week long. This week is supposed to stay in the low 90s. I'm super jealous that it's actually cool enough in Denton to wear a jacket. It's already in the 80s when I catch the shuttle at 7:30 in the morning.

It does get pretty cold in the winter. Last year I think 17 was the lowest it got, but it was usually in the 20s or 30s.

~*~elizabeth said...

Hi Shaney! Yep, it's nice and cool today here in IL... about 65 degrees in the sun. :P I wore 3/4 length sleeves to church today. :)