Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Letter to myself

Something I found in my journal recently. I apologize for the way it starts out in first person, then randomly switches to second.

This is an edited version...certain names have been deleted to protect certain people. :P

I'm learning a lot about myself. I'm learning that I'm more stubborn than I previously thought. I'm learning that true satisfaction is found in God alone. I've realized that I'm a lot more independent than I had once realized. I want to be in charge. I want to be in control. I at least want to be percieved as in control. I am not in control. God alone is in control. I want to do it all. I can't do everything. I try to plan ahead for what I can't.
So dream of Chicago. Work toward that goal. But remain open to other possibilities. Because He may call you to stay in Waco, or go to Chicago, or to Washington D.C., or Africa. Wait on God for His plan and His timing.
Drink tea and write from your desk or swing, and be content that you are doing God's will. Let a friend cry on your shoulder, and be content that you are doing God's will. Travel and speak to thousands-but only if it is God's will. Be excited about where you are right now-carefree, single, and loving it. Fall in love with God now, not later. Spoil your girlfriends. Decorate your apartment, and negotiate the price down. Love your life now. Teach Sunday School and play the piano. Enjoy your life now and follow God into the future.

Lose control and quit being so stubborn!

No comments: