Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer ends soon!

Or, at least, my job ends and I head back to Waco in 17 days. I'm really excited about going back, though I know there are things about summer that I will miss.

What I will miss about summer:

1. Reading good books Hopefully I will make more time for this during the school year. With the extra time I've had this summer, I've made it a point to read some good quality literature. So far I've finished My Antonia, the entire My Side of the Mountain trilogy, and Eight Cousin and its sequel, Rose in Bloom. I had forgotten just how awesome reading is. I'm sure I'll read some during the school year, but there's won't be nearly as much time.

2. Rabbit Trails The awesome Bible study on Thursday nights where the Bible is the authority and no topic is taboo. And I get to see a lot of people that I don't get to see during the school year.

3. Seeing my family every day Because I love 'em. :)

4. Mommy's cooking And not having to cook for myself so much. It's nice to come home to a meal waiting for me after work.

What I'm looking forward to at school:

1. My awesome new apartment It's so awesome and sophisticated. I'm really looking forward to living there.

2. Walking places I never thought I would say this, but I'm getting tired of driving. I'm looking forward to being able to walk everywhere again.

3. Connection Group I'm really looking forward to seeing the girls again and studying the Bible with them.

4. Awana I'm especially looking forward to seeing Mrs. Arnold, Mrs. McDonald, and my girls again. :)

5. Getting involved in Student Foundation, Hankamer Christian Fellowship, and the Association of Logistics, Procurement, and Supply Chain Students.

6. Seeing my friends again. :)

Counting down the days...

No comments: