Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life part 1

Tonight I decided I wanted to write about two things. One, I just wanted to write about what's going on in my life. Two, I wanted to write down some serious thoughts I've been having. I'm going to separate that into two posts, just for the sake of my sanity. :)

My nails are now short. Yes, I know that seems really random, but it's actually a big deal for me. Reason being that I FINALLY kicked the nail-biting habit PERMANENTLY about a month or so ago. Since I finally kicked the habit I've only cut my nails twice, and it is a really scary experience!! Thanks to probably around fourteen years of nail-biting, I don't know how to use the nail clippers! Last time I trimmed my nails I was scared of cutting too much off and barely cut anything off-just enough that they were no longer getting in the way of typing. On Tuesday I was thinking that my nails had gotten too long again, and considered cutting them, but didn't do it. That night at swing dance I was dancing with Stephen, and we were doing some move where my hand was sliding down his, only I wasn't actually supposed to let go, but thanks to sweaty hands I was about to lose my grip...so I increased the pressure of my hand on his hand, and all of a sudden he called out, "Ow, ow, nails!" I hadn't even thought about that. I'm not used to having long nails! I felt bad about it-then later I felt REALLY bad when I saw what I actually did to him. I didn't just scratch him like I thought. I cut him. Definitely time for the nails to be cut. This time I cut off more than I wanted. But that's okay, because the nikos fall retreat is this weekend, and short nails are better for camping.

Awana tonight!!! I LOVE MY SPARKIES!!! For some reason only two of my five sparkies showed up tonight, one brought a guest. The boys were HYPER tonight, but for some reason I didn't feel like my patience was being tried. I guess I just love them too much to get upset with them. :) This will sound weird, but I feel like since coming to Highland I've been both promoted and demoted. I've been promoted because I'm no longer a leader-in-training, I am a full blown leader. But I also feel demoted (I wish there was another term I could use that wasn't so negative-sounding) because I'm the new person. Back at home, my family was the first to arrive and the last to leave. If someone had a question, I was probably the first person they would ask. That's no longer the case here. Things are definitely run WAY differently at Highland than they are at Grace. But I'm okay with that. I love my sparkies, and I love serving God. :D

On Monday, I talked to my sister Shannon, and she told me she had been having dizzy spells. This made me REALLY worried. Turns out she just had hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but...

(continuation of my thoughts in part two)

No comments: