Sunday, February 22, 2009

What I Hate About Baylor

I hate that Baylor is a rich kid's university. You can't just consider the $35000/year price tag for tuition, room and board. You also have to consider lots of other things such as the fact that you will pay $4 a week to do laundry (unless you live in north village, in which case you will just pay a much higher price tag for your board), random tickets for plays, sing, etc., and probably around $20/week for food, even if you are on the 16 meal/week plan, because nobody wants to go eat at McDonald's or Taco Bell.

I hate that there is so much to do. There is just not enough time to do everything in the day that you HAVE to do, much less what you want to do. Yes, I love the fact that there are opportunities for social enhancements, resume building, and personal enrichment around every corner. I just don't have time to even scratch the surface of all the opportunities if I want to keep my grades up.

I hate that despite this being a rich kid's university, if I want to dress up and wear my business pants and heels, people will look at me funny. Doesn't matter that the girl over there is probably wearing $300 designer jeans and $100 flats with her Baylor Tshirt. Doesn't matter that I only paid $15 for my pants and $12 for my shoes. I'm going to be the one viewed as a snob. Oh yes.

I hate the stupid stereotypes that come with each residence hall. I also hate that a lot of them are true. I hate living in Collins. I am not a Collins girl. Nobody told me that when I say I live in Collins, people will look at me funny. Because living in Collins apparently means that I am an airhead who doesn't care about my studies as best, and a slutty sorority girl at worst. Please don't call me a Collins girl. I'm not.

I'm okay. Really, I am. I just need spring break to get here a little bit sooner...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Itʻs only a couple more weeks...