Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cleaning slates and changing roles

Me: "I finally gave him the boot"
Stephen: "Only took you all semester"

Gah. Normally I'm nitpicky about the little things people do wrong and take awhile to get over it, but in the one relationship that's actually been unhealthy for me and needing to end, I've been willing to put up with too much for my own good. If I had been smart I would have listened to Stephen and Jordan earlier. But, point is, I finally woke up, got smart, and listened. Things should be going up from here, now that I don't have this holding me down.

Doesn't mean I'm still not sore at the person, though. Still have to finish reading the book that Jordan gave me, "How to Forgive Even When You Don't Feel Like It". Not looking forward to it, but I know I need to read it anyway.

Home life is very different now than it ever has been before. I really don't know exactly how I'm supposed to relate to my parents. I'm an adult, I take care of myself, but at the same time they are still my parents and they still pay for the roof that is over my head. Makes for some frustrations on my part, but they're still great and I still love them. Only a few weeks until I head back to Waco. Things won't be too bad.

I got a craving for tea yesterday, and when I opened up our pantry I found that we have lots of boxes of different teas. Black tea, apple cinnamon tea, peach tea, wild berry tea, lemon tea, orange tea, mint tea, chamomile tea...the funny thing is, we don't drink tea in my family. So I have idea where all this tea came from. It's probably been sitting in there for years. Oh well. Still tastes really good. Which is kind of funny, because I've never really liked tea before. I guess as you grow up things change.

No comments: