Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quiet+me=Deep scary thoughts

I am so weird.

I am in the middle of dead week right now. Nothing happens during the day. Nothing. I am supposed to have 24 free hours every day to study for finals. I actually have time and quiet. I should be relaxing and taking this time to study for finals, without stressing out.

Apparently, quiet and I do not work well together. You know what I end up doing? I end up thinking. That's right, thinking. What about? I start thinking about the fact that I am growing up. I start thinking about all the stuff that goes with growing up. And by all...I mean all. Buying a car. Maintaining a car. Buying an apartment. Buying groceries. Making a budget. Getting insurance. Getting my own credit card. Getting my own bank account, apart from my parents.

So what do I do with some of my down time from studying? I start googling and researching these topics. No joke.

And then I start thinking about how much I still have to do NOW before I actually really, truly have to think about some of the above things. Looking into studying abroad summer 2010. Applying for a job at the SLC next semester. Applying for the missions trip to Africa.

Then, tonight, I looked at my space around me and freaked out because it was messy, and I wondered how I ever thought I could be an adult and think about all these different things when I can't even keep my space clean. So I went on a cleaning rampage. The space is not completely clean yet, but a lot if it is clean, and that makes me feel better. I'll clean the rest tomorrow.

Oh my goodness, I am so weird.

At the same time, I feel that I'm finally growing up.

But this sudden "responsibility rampage" of mine (as a friend called it) still has me a little weirded out. I am so odd...

No comments: