Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Time flies...

I think it just hit me for the first time today that I am an adult, and with that brings a whole host of responsibilities that I am not sure I'm prepared for. I'll figure it out eventually, though. I kinda have to. Yay for living on my own...

In other news...the December Ft. Worth swing dance was on Friday. Drove there and back with Stephen, which was really nice because I actually like the way he drives. I've become picky about the way people drive. Got to dance with a lot of good people while in Ft. Worth. I also got to meet Stephen's sister Michelle. The two could seriously pass for twins without trouble. Michelle is such a sweet and fun girl. I like her. :)

Austin turned 20 on Monday. We celebrated on Sunday by going out to Olive Garden for dinner, then going to Season's Creamery and eating cheesecake that Anna made and cookies that Stephen made. They were really good.

Tuesday was the swing dance pajama jam. Lots of fun, though very tiring. I played billiards with Bennett, Stephen and Taylor. Bennett and Taylor made one team, Stephen and I made another. Bennett and Taylor won by default when Stephen scratched the 8 ball, but we decided to keep playing anyways and somehow I managed to win for us. Turns out I don't suck quite as bad as I used to. I even managed to sink a ball shooting behind my back. Still don't know how I managed that one. We managed to stuff 6 people into Taylor's 5 person car to carpool over to the party, so I made sure to get a ride with Stephen back so we didn't have to go through that again. We talked about the whistle Stephen's car does in cold weather and the Trans-siberian orchestra.

Tonight was decorate your leader night at Awana. I have pictures at the link below (no, I was not the leader who got decorated):
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=53546&l=c5db4&id=609678136

Tomorrow night I'm eating dinner with my sociology professor's family. I'm so excited.

I have so much to do over the next few days and Christmas break. Apply for the Africa missions trip, apply for a job at the SLC next semester, sign up to take summer courses at ACC, look into hospital volunteering over the summer, look into going abroad summer 2010, find out if I'm going back to my old lifeguarding job this summer or looking for a new one, deciding if I want to intern with Awana this summer, etc...

And I should be asleep so I can get up and spend tomorrow (today, technically) productively. Studying for finals (chemistry especially), working out at the SLC, lunch with friends, dinner with the Doughertys...

'Night everyone.

No comments: