Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Composing and Writing

Parts of the two songs I've been working on lately (Side note: I've actually been going to the music building during my breaks and playing the piano...so relaxing...):

The chorus of my most recent song, imagine it being sung in the style of Relient K:

Because I call you then we end up in a fight
I hate you but I need you in my life
I love you but you frustrate me so
Why can't we just let this all go?
When I cry you hold me all night long
Too many emotions, and so I write this song
I know I've been handed everything
But I'm not sure that you are what I want anymore


This is actually part of a song I wrote senior year in high school, but I never felt like I finished it. Imagine it set to a piano ballad:

Blood flows down from the one on the cross
Someone else's gain has resulted in His loss
Because He cared He took it all
Every sin since the fall
And the innocent hangs in agony

You never thought that it would hurt this much to care
This heavy burden, oh, it's just too much to bear
And so you lie awake at night
Pray and cry and fight the fight
And your heart cries out in agony

God are you there?
God do you care?
Why are You leaving me here to bleed and die?
God can't you see?
What is your plan for me?
Why are you leaving me here to bleed and die?

"My God, My God, oh, why hast Thou forsaken Me?
My God, My God, oh, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

No comments: