Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I finally have *my* life back?

I've decided I'm going to write a book. What about? I guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? I'm *planning* on being done with the book by January, but we'll have to see if God has other plans...

I took my last test of my second round of tests yesterday (thanks to the accident and rescheduling tests, I had one test every day Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Monday). And, after two weeks of my world being turned upside-down, I walked out of the business school and realized...I'm free! I don't remember the last time I felt such a burden lifted off my shoulders. At lunch, when I saw Jordan I said "Give me a hug!" and then said "I finally have my life back!"

I've been thinking about that, though...do I really have my life back? Was it ever really my life in the first place? Did God really mean for me to go through two weeks of hell...just for life to return to the way it was? I don't think so. Surely all this was for something. And now I'm trying to figure that out. Which is mainly what I want to write my book about.

In other news, I got to the final round of the Ethics SLAM! today, which means I go head-to-head with another guy in my class next Tuesday to see who wins $300 and who wins $150. All that speech training high school is literally paying off. :)

What else? Oh yes, apartment hunting. Gathering info, making spreadsheets, comparing plans with three other girls and trying to find the right one. Is it weird that I actually love this process?

Praying about a lot of stuff...summer plans (internship up in Chicago, or stay at home and work like crazy, or both, or neither...?), plans for next year (debate team possibly?), and degree plans (communication minor? Keep both majors or drop one?). Wow, I just said "plans" a lot. Sometimes I think that it would be easier to be a "P" rather than a "J" on the Myers-Briggs personality test. Because while I know God is a "J" (after all, He had everything planned out before the foundation of the world), it seems He acts more like a "P". Or at least, forces us to act more like "P's".

I should write about my weekend in Brownwood soon. Because of the accident, I never did get around to it like I planned, but too much happened just to let it slip by...

1 comment:

Brian said...

I understand the test thing... I've come to the conclusion that you will go insane without a blow-off class each semester.

This semester... my blow-off class seems to be Calculus. That is really sad. Oh well.

And go with those debate skills! I expect you to show up to ARC one of these days. It's been forever, so get yourself over here!

Blessings on your book... and all your other business.

> < > Brian